This is a favorite of mine when you’re craving something sweet, tart, and filling. This is also a great way to easy into add more green plant-based foods into your diet. If you’re used to all fruit smoothies or juices that add sugar, this will help you transition off the less healthy options like the ones just mentioned without your taste buds feeling cheated. If you’re used to green smoothies, you can cut back on the fruit and add more greens.
- 1 cup mixed fresh or frozen berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple chunks
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or make your own fresh, get the recipe, here
- 4 leaves of kale with the the stems
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon chia seed
- Place all ingredients in blender with almond milk at the bottom, I use a Vita Mix, get one here
- Blend at low level and increase speed after 30 seconds, blend until smooth
- Serve immediately…also a great way to start your day!