- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup(s) unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper add more to taste
- 1 pinch salt add more to taste
- Sauté the onion in a sauce pan, with a few tablespoons of water. Heat for about 6 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add water as you need to keep the onion from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the vegetable broth, zucchini, thyme, nutmeg and lemon zest.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender and return back to the pan.
- Add the almond milk and season with salt and pepper.