This is a favorite of mine and super easy and quick to make. In fact, even my 84-year old mom who, by the way, doesn’t like to cook, found this recipe to be a breeze. I showed her how to make it for one of her creative writing classes that she attends. Fortunately, for her, this recipe requires NO cooking! 🙂
Trader Joe’s features this recipe but not made exactly like this…I always add a few items to give it a bit more flavor. Enjoy this wonderful lentil dip!
- Steamed lentils (Trader Joe’s has them ready eat or make your own from scratch)
- Bruschetta Sauce (Trader Joe’s tub)
- Minced garlic to taste (I recommend 2-3 cloves but be aware that the bruschetta does have garlic in it already)
- Pinch of salt
- Ground pepper (optional)
- Fresh lime juice (about 1/4 cup or to taste)
- Handful of Chopped cilantro
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Crackers or pita bread
- Drain the lentils, if there is a lot of liquid in the bag.
- Drain the bruchetta (a little liquid is okay but too much will make this dish mushy)
- Mix all the ingredients together except the cheese. Be careful not to mix to vigorously so that the lentils lose their shape.
- Now, add crumbled cheese, mix, then sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and top with cilantro.
- Serve with crackers or toast some pita bread and top with this delicious, healthy dip!