On a hot day, this will give your body a healthy cool down. Plus, there’s no cooking involved so the kitchen won’t get hot. All you need is a good blender. I recommend this one from our store. I personally use the Vita Mix and love it. We thank you, in advance, for shopping online at our store. A portion of your purchase helps support our ongoing research, recipes, and videos here at The Plant-Based Diet. I write and share my knowledge in hopes that it helps you Live Fit and Live Well! For this recipe you can use fresh or frozen berries. Do make sure you use a frozen banana that way you don’t have to add ice.
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- 1 frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup filtered water (may add more if the mixture is too thick)
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup peaches
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- Sprig of spearmint
- Agave nectar (optional–to sweeten)
- Sprinkling of cinnamon (or 1 teaspoon blended with other ingredients)
- Place water in blender first followed by all the other ingredients. This helps to make sure the blender’s knives don’t get clogged by the solid ingredients.
- Blend at a high speed until all of contents are fully mixed and smooth
- Serve with a sprig of spearmint and sprinkled with cinnamon (cinnamon can help aid indigestion, gas, bloating, diarrhea, and upset stomachs.
- Be sure to take a deep, powerful inhalation of the spearmint and release a full and complete exhale. Ahhhhh!