Love, love this! It is absolutely one of my favorite drinks, especially on a hot summer day. I can serve this to people who have never juiced before and they will ask for a second glass. The combination of apple and ginger create an unexpected taste that leaves your mouth craving more. Thankfully this is a healthy choice, so, oblige…pour a glass or two.
What’s in the the Refreshing Ginger-Apple Drink?
Only a few more ingredients…they might sound unusual but I promise they work together. Just don’t go overboard with the ginger…it gets a little spicy. I usually juice a large container and keep it for a couple of days…not much longer. This is served best when it’s freshly juiced.
- Apples (about 10 small ones)
- 3 small cloves of raw fresh garlic
- A piece of raw fresh ginger (about 1-2 inches)
- A handful of kale leaves
- 2-3 medium lemons or lime (optional) (I think lemon goes better with it)
- Making sure your ingredients have been cleaned, juice ingredients in an electric juicer.
- If the apple is too sweet or the ginger or garlic too strong (or not strong enough), play with the ingredients by adding more kale and fewer amounts of other ingredients. Try adding other vegetables or fruit. A pear could give it an interesting flavor and make your tastebuds light up. Ah!
- I personally don’t serve it on ice; I drink it right away or refrigerate it for later. However, some of my guests like it over ice.