Love this recipe. It is very similar to the Veggie Mix Stir Fry but uses a few different ingredients and basically the same cooking method. Both are delicious and health, it just depends on which vegetables you’re craving at the time.
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups of freshly cooked corn
- 1 cup of carrots, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 can of drained Water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped white or brown onion
- 1/2 bag of snow peas
- Chili Oil
- Chopped Garlic (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Macadamia Nut Oil (can use olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 package of Edamame (buy the refrigerated kind that are already peeled)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Brown Jasmine Rice
- Crunchy noodles
- Handful of cilantro
- Heat the oils in a pan.
- Sauté the garlic. Add the vegetable mix (except the edamame, crunchy noodles, cilantro, and seeds) and let simmer in the sauce until tender. It’s best not to over-cook the veggies–not only do they get very soggy but they also lose some of their nutrients.
- While the mixture is simmering boil or steam your brown rice. Be sure to carefully rinse the rice before cooking it.
- Serve immediately with arugula and sprinkle the edamame and seeds on top. Garnish with cilantro.