A sure crowd pleaser, even the meat eaters in our family enjoyed this dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 2 bell peppers, various colors
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 1 can diced tomtatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 4 cans black beans, drained
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Saute the garlic, onion, chipotle pepper, carrot, bell peppers with oregano, bay leaf, chili powder, black pepper, cumin and fajita seasoning.
- Put the sauté into the crock pot or large soup pot, with all remaining ingredients. (note the difference in cooking time).
- Slow cook on high heat for about 45 minutes. Serve
Recipe by Jody Pinchin