One really great thing about eating a plant-based diet is that if you eat a whole-foods, plant-based diet, you don’t have to worry about your calorie intake. You’ll be able to eat plenty of different unprocessed foods without being concerned that you’re getting too many calories. One concern people often have is will I be hungry on a plant-based diet? Not if you eat enough of the right foods. That means starting your day off with a healthy and hearty meal. You don’t have to turn to bacon and eggs to get a filling and satisfying breakfast.
Since most people are pressed for time in the morning, a little bit of preparation the night before can simplify your breakfast plan. I love this oatmeal on cold, winter days but even during the summer, it’s delicious. Just traded your winter fruit for seasonal berries.
- 1 cup of a variety of chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup seasonal sliced berries
- 1/4 slice lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Agave Nectar
- Prepare oatmeal according to package
- Toast the nuts in a dry skillet with vanilla over low-heat, stirring frequently until golden about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with nutmeg
- Store in glass, air-tight container for use during the week
- Slice fruit and drizzle with agave nectar and a touch of lemon (optional). Fruit will keep for a few days in refrigerator in glass, air-tight container
- Serve oatmeal; add fruit toppings and nut mixture and enjoy!