When you first start juicing, finding the right combinations can be a little tricky. Certain fruits and vegetables might not sound like they’ll create the perfect blend but they do. Other times you think for sure that these foods will combine well and they end up tasting all wrong. Experimenting is half the fun. Of course, it can get costly when you’re juicing fresh fruits and vegetables because it takes a lot of them to create a little bit of juice. Not to worry…here at The Plant-Based Diet our I Eat Plant-Based juice recipes will help you create the perfect juice every time. When we use ingredients like lime, lemon, garlic, cilantro, and ginger, go light at first as you can always add more of these ingredients but you can ruin a juice if you add too much of them. So here’s a juice I like to call, my “Almost Mid-Week” drink. It’ll give you a boost, pep your morale with the natural healthy ingredients, and help with your circulation. Adding a little ginger and aloe vera juice will help with your body’s circulation and, like the other juices we promote, these ingredients in particular help detoxify your blood stream. Give it a shot! Remember, though, that drastically changing your diet even with good things like juicing can cause major changes. Be sure to consult with your physician about your personal health and dietary needs. Every person is unique. We want to help you Create A Better YOU for a Better World. Take The Plant-Based Challenge, learn more here.
Carrot, Apple, Cucumber Juice
- 5 organic carrots
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 large apple (core it, don’t juice the entire apple, remove the seeds)
- 1/4 to 1/2 lime
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- aloe vera juice (optional)
- 1/4 ginger root (optional)
- Juice all ingredients starting with the carrots
- I like to add other ingredients before adding the cucumbers. This helps the juicer keep its flow–almost like pouring water through it.
- Serve immediately or pour into glass jar and save for the next day.