Creamy Quinoa Pasta With Spicy Green Beans
Feel like you are going out miss out on meals such as Macaroni and Cheese or Alfredo? This creamy pasta is the perfect replacement and contains no dairy products. It’s packed with tons of nutrients. Plus, it’s quick and simple to make! Serve it with gluten-free pasta or eat it as a soup!
Ingredients For Creamy Pasta
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh sage
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Gluten-Free quinoa spiral noodles (buy them here.)
Ingredients For Spicy Green Beans
- Approximately 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Start by boiling peeled and largely chopped sweet potatoes. When softened put in blender together with 1 1/2 cups water and the meat of 1 avocado.
- Place mixture in saucepan and put on low heat. Add minced garlic, fresh seasonings, salt, and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- In a large pot of boiling water add 2 tsp salt and pasta. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally. Make sure you drain and rinse when finished.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized skillet heat olive oil. Once heated, add green beans and seasonings. Keep covered and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes on medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Mix pasta with sauce and place green beans on top or on the side.
- Garnish with a mixture of fresh spices and serve.