Got Good Health? It’s found in whole foods, not in individual nutrients!
Fast lifestyle, fast food, equal fast track to illness.
We’re a busy nation looking for simple, quick fixes to live longer, healthier lives.
The problem is that most Americans reach for processed foods and vitamin supplements.
The real solution to good health is found in each meal–all you have to do is remember these vital principles:
- Good nutrition is the act of consuming whole foods, from mostly plant sources. The sum is greater than its parts. Eating whole foods gives you nutrients from multiple sources as opposed to, for instance, consuming various vitamins that are exclusively featuring one nutrient. Whole foods have a variety of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that, when absorbed, work together in harmony to effect good health.
- Supplements can’t replace a nutritious whole-food, plant-based diet.
- Cholesterol comes only from animal-based foods, not plant-based foods. Our bodies also make cholesterol.
- Nutrition controls how genes are expressed either as good health or sickness.
- Nutrition can control the adverse effects of noxious chemicals.
- Whole-food, plant-based nutrition can prevent disease and can also halt or reverse many diseases in their later stages.
- Many diseases share a common biochemistry. So good nutrition that helps heal a chronic disease will help support overall health.
- Good nutrition influences health in all areas of our lives. Good nutrition translates to higher energy which increases physical activity and better emotional and mental health.
Got good health? It’s all about what you put in your mouth!