I have written about Stir Fry dishes before but here’s another version. Growing up in a Thai home, you eat a lot of rice and stir fry so I have variations of the same great recipe. You can find the other brown rice veggie stir fry recipe here.
Veggie Mix: Simple Stir Fry Is Delicious & Filling
This is a great dish to have handy. It’ll ward off hunger pains and junk-food cravings because your body is getting so many healthy and nutritious vitamins and minerals in every bite.
- Any vegetables you like. If I am pressed for time (I buy a pre-packaged, pre-chopped bowl of veggies for stir fry. They usually come with a variety of vegetables.)
- Chili Oil
- Chopped Garlic (to taste)
- Macadamia Nut Oil (1 teaspoon)
- Tamari gluten-free soy sauce (1 tablespoon buy San-J Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce here)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Brown Jasmine Rice
- Heat the oils in a pan.
- Sauté the garlic. Add the vegetable mix (except the edamame and seeds) and let simmer in the sauce until tender. It’s best not to over-cook the veggies–not only do they get very soggy but they also lose some of their nutrients.
- While the mixture is simmering boil or steam your brown rice. Be sure to carefully rinse the rice before cooking it.
- Serve immediately with arugula and sprinkle the edamame and seeds on top. Enjoy–to your good health!
Calories: 259.41kcal | Carbohydrates: 45.22g | Protein: 5.74g | Fat: 5.84g | Sodium: 14.68mg | Potassium: 187.52mg | Fiber: 1.92g | Sugar: 1.1g | Vitamin A: 783.85IU | Vitamin C: 2.81mg | Calcium: 31.15mg | Iron: 0.9mg