Garden to Table Salad & Avocado Salad Dressing
From the Garden & Orchard at The Center For Living in Harmony
- Seasonal lettuce
- 1 large or 2 sml Carrots
- 1 large or 2 sml Beets
- 3 Radishes–Shred in food processor or hand grater
- 10-15 Sweet Peas–Peel strings and chop into bite-size pieces and add to greens
Ingredients for Salad Dressing
- 1 Avocado
- 8-10 Cumquats–Slice into bite-size pieces and add to bowl
- 1 Avocado
- 2-3 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Amino’s
- ¼ cup Cilantro (or basil ¾ c Unfiltered Olive Oil*)
- 1 inch Rosemary sprig (top ½ tsp Bamboo Salt (or Sea Salt))
- 2 med Garlic cloves
- 3 small Lemons (juice)
Directions for Salad
- Start by cleaning all ingredients in purified water. Spin or towel dry and place on a wood chopping board.
- Mixed Greens Herbal Greens
- Spinach Basil
- Green Leaf Lettuce Sorrell
- Beet Leaves with stalks Arugula
- Chop all leafy greens into ribbons and place in large non-plastic salad bowl. Figure about 5-8 leaves of each per serving.
Directions for Salad Dressing
- Place all ingredients in Magic Bullet (or other blender), cover with 4-blade top and blend until smooth. You may need to add more olive oil or lemon juice depending on juicy-ness of lemons, herbs and avocado. Of course add or reduce Braggs and salt measurements based on your taste preference.
- Estimate 1-2 tbls dressing per person and pour on salad then toss all ingredients together and serve with Love. Top salad with sliced avocado and more cumquats if you’d like.
- Other delicious additions* – raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds, seaweed, sprouted almonds (soaked 5-8 hours), hard boiled egg or other protein of choice.
- Serve with gluten-free crackers, chips or toast*.