Spicy ‘Vegged-Out’ Black Bean Chili
A sure crowd pleaser, even the meat eaters in our family enjoyed this dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce
- 1 large carrot (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 2 bell peppers (various colors)
- 1 medium yellow squash (cubed)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (diced and seeded)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can pinto beans (drained)
- 4 can ¥black beans (drained)
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, chipotle pepper, carrot, bell peppers with oregano, bay leaf, chili powder, black pepper, cumin and fajita seasoning.
- Put the sauté into the crock pot or large soup pot, with all remaining ingredients. (note the difference in cooking time).
- Slow cook on high heat for about 45 minutes. Serve