- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder add more if preferred (to taste)
- 3 Cups vegetable stock
- 3 Cups sliced potatoes
- 3 Cups sliced carrots
- 3 Cups cauliflower florets
- 1 Can (28 Ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 Can (28 Ounces) coconut milk
- 28 Ounces garbanzo beans 2 14oz cans
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce add more to taste (if desired)
- 4 Tablespoons Honey or Agave Syrup add more to taste (if desired)
- 1/2 cups fresh chopped basil leaves save a few leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Saute the minced garlic with ground peppercorn and ground coriander seasoning.
- Add stock, potatoes and carrots and bring to a simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, canned tomatoes, coconut milk, garbanzo beans, soy sauce and honey and bring back to a simmer.
- Cover and cook at a simmer for about 2 hours., stirring occasionally. The cauliflower will disintegrate and the sauce thickens.
- Mix in fresh basil leaves and add additional curry, honey or soy sauce, as needed. You can add Cayenne to add more heat.
- Serve over a brown rice and garnish with a fresh basic leaf.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 52.11g | Protein: 15.68g | Fat: 31.48g | Sodium: 1018.07mg | Potassium: 1224.36mg | Fiber: 13.24g | Sugar: 4.28g | Vitamin A: 2407.23IU | Vitamin C: 39.78mg | Calcium: 164.61mg | Iron: 7.59mg
I just ordered some Curry flavored Bee Free Honee. I am wondering if it would be advisable to reduce the amount of curry if I used it in this recipe. The other flavors I’ve tried have been somewhat mild.