Creamy Vegan Zucchini Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup s unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper add more to taste
- 1 pinch salt add more to taste
- Sauté the onion in a sauce pan, with a few tablespoons of water. Heat for about 6 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add water as you need to keep the onion from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the vegetable broth, zucchini, thyme, nutmeg and lemon zest.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender and return back to the pan.
- Add the almond milk and season with salt and pepper.
Calories: 59.33kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.8g | Protein: 3.19g | Fat: 1.53g | Sodium: 453.39mg | Potassium: 603.63mg | Fiber: 2.51g | Sugar: 5.34g | Vitamin A: 228.76IU | Vitamin C: 36.47mg | Calcium: 169.09mg | Iron: 1.13mg