Vegetarian Split-Pea Soup
- 6 Cup ss vegetable broth
- 2 Cup ss dried split peas rinsed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Cup s carrots chopped
- 1 Cup s celery chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt add more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper add more to taste
- 1 medium carrot shredded for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine Vegetable broth, split peas, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme and basil.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, for about an hour.
- Once the peas are tender, add salt and pepper.
- Puree soup in a blender. I like to puree about ¾ of the soup, so the soup will have a few chucks of carrots, onions and celery left in it.
- Return to pan, heat thoroughly and serve with shredded carrots for garnish.
Calories: 266.38kcal | Carbohydrates: 49.56g | Protein: 16.91g | Fat: 1.07g | Sodium: 948.76mg | Potassium: 756.95mg | Fiber: 18.16g | Sugar: 8.98g | Vitamin A: 1690.31IU | Vitamin C: 6.35mg | Calcium: 49.88mg | Iron: 3.05mg